Wednesday 26 March 2014

SHOWS FOR SOFT SUNDAYS OR SORE THROATS


I always have this idea of catching a slight cold and staying in bed for a few days just drinking hot black currant tea and watching a ton of series. Because then it would really be justified, to just lie there and take it easy, do nothing. It doesn't work that way though, since I either feel too ill to manage watching anything or then would have so much to do I lie there worrying about the time I'm missing out on... And the past year(s) when I've been ill I've had Dag to care for and entertain at the same time so not so much rest for me.

The past days both Dag and I have been ill, and it's been the kind of flue that has kept us sleeping most of the time. So no tea-and-cookies-series marathon for me, this time either... (Hashtag: firstworldproblems)

Apart from the obvious True Detective -Game of Thrones-The Walking Dead- and-so-on super series, here are some funny ones I could marathon when sick/hangover/insomniac...

Arrested Development.
It's probably the most hilarious show I know. I remember watching it on and off when it aired back in the early 00's but didn't catch onto it until just around the end; you can't get it unless you watch it properly. I've rewatched it on Netflix later, they have all the seasons (plus made a new one).


Episodes.

Stumbled across Episodes by accident and it's damn funny! I Think I was able to watch the whole first season on YouTube. Haven't seen the two following, so I suppose I'll aim for that for the next time I'm ill or can't sleep.


AbFAb

Absolutely Fabulous was one of my absolute favourite shows when I was teenager.  I realised it's been forever since I watched it and wondered if it still would work today. Oh yes, Patsy will always be Patsy!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moi Ulrika! Olen seuraillut sun blogia jo useamman vuoden ja täytyy kyllä sanoa, että tämä on niitä harvoja blogeja, joita jaksan lukea vuodesta toiseen! :) Sellaisnen tuli mieleen, että olen huomannut, että sulla on usein blogin kuvissa esillä erilaisia smoothieita, joita olet tehnyt. Ilmeisesti sulla on käytössä kitchen aidin blenderi...? Oletko ollut siihen tyytyväinen, plussat ja miinukset? Itse olen haaveillut artisan-mallin hankinnasta jo useita vuosia ja nyt mietinkin, että raaskisinko viimein panostaa siihen, kun edellinen vekotin pitää niin kovaa ääntä, että pian saadaan naapureilta jo valituksia :D Kiitos kovasti vastauksestasi ja ihanan inspiroivasta ja positiivisesta blogista!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Anonyymi : Kiitos :)

Mulla ei ole Kitchen Aidia, vaan Waring Pro blenderi.
http://freelancersfashion.blogspot.fi/2011/07/mint-green-milk-shake.html
Etsin pitkään mintunvihreätä blenderia sen jälkeen ku om apikkublenderi hajosi. Briteistä tilasin, jenkkimerkki. Se on kyllä ollut tosi hyvä, mutta siis ihan värin takia sen ostin, muuten olisin ostanut just Kitchen Aidin.

Maalla meillä on taas ihan perus OBH Nordican blenderi (isoin mitä niillä on) joka kelpaa smoothien laittoon sekin ihan hyvin. Muihin ruokiin ja raw-juttuihin käytän monitoimikonetta, vanha ja ruma Moulinex joka on kaapissa piilossa :) Mä tiedän että monet smoothie-intoilijat käyttää kallsita VitaMixia. Kävin raw food kurssilla ja siellä ohjaaja teki kaikki pähkinäiset raakakakkupohjatkin blenderillä kun sillä oli joku turbotehoinen. Eli kai sellainen jossa paljon watteja on suositeltavaa, kun se jaksaa veivaa isot satsit. Mun masinoissa on 550W ja 500W.

Sarah Jane said...

I have just discovered Arrested Development and I love it. It is such an easy feelgood show to watch. I've just come off the back of a Breaking Bad marathon too. The joys of Netflix!