Saturday 13 April 2013

BATHTUB


I have one.


And I had to try it right away! Or, we had to. We don't have  the right drain tubes for it yet nor electricity in the bathroom but we do have hot water. Mmmyes.

Dag probably peed in the water right away because that's what I would have done would I have been not-yet-ten-months old. But I didn't let the thought ruin my bath, it's not like a little baby pee on your skin would kill you. I mean they do use synthetic piss in some lotions out there did you know? (urea).  But well, mostly I had orange oil and cocoa butter in my water. Very nice.

If you wonder why I am so bananas about a tub it's because nobody has those around here anymore, unless you specifically put one in your bathroom when you renovate it, more or less. In newly built houses with enough space they put in small saunas instead, and in old they throw the tubs our when renovating the pipes, to fit such modern luxurities as a shower and washing machine instead (and, in some cases,  a small sauna too. Finns and saunas, you know. My sister could actually turn her shower cabinet in her pervious flat into a miniature sauna fitting one behind or two small ones at max.)
I actually can't remember when I had a bath  the last time!

(OK, I can it was when I was giving birth. That OBVIOUSLY does not count. And yes I do remember the other times too, they have been in hotel rooms. But the last time at home, my home? In 2002 in a flat I shared with a couple of guys. We had a tub for some time. Then they renovated the pipes and threw the tub out. )

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deep bathtubs are used in ads, but standard tubs are too shallow to cover your whole body in water. Your new tub is a luxury!

Frollein von Sofa said...

simply fantastic !! and it's always such a pleasure to not only look at the pictures on your blog but even more to read your entertaining and clever texts !!!

Anonymous said...

oooh woow, love these types of bathtubs :) great blog

if you are interested in fashion, healthy recipes,travel and inspiring pictures
come take a visit to my new-opned blog www.themichellec.blogspot.com

XO

nancyworegreenstockings said...

I honestly don't think I could live without a tub. I love baths far too much. Your new tub looks lovely!

Katja said...

well, you've seen my bath, so you know I envy you ;) Enjoy the relaxing baths! Does Dag like it?

Maria said...

I can relate so much to the bath problem.
I live in Japan and the standard apartments have such tiny tubs that it's more like sitting in a bucket rather than taking a relaxing bath. Even bigger apartments don't necessarily have bigger bathtubs, and obviously, never as lovely as yours.

Unknown said...

Lovely bathtub. I've lived in a couple of places with showers only, so I completely understand your enthusiasm. Nah, a little bit of baby pee won't hurt. 😊 Thanks for sharing about the trends in bathtubs or lack thereof. It's interesting to learn about trends in other parts of the world.

Alexa
retrospendthrift.com

Unknown said...

Åh fiint badkar! Det är ett sådant badkar jag vill ha i mitt framtida hus <3

MissMo said...

Darling, I love your sense of style but that tub is insanely impractical.

Mama D said...

Awesome tub. Living in UK for 9+ years I got used to tubs. Never was a big fan of (waste of water). Now I'm just loving having sauna again.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Frollein von Sofa : Thank you :)

Katja : he's only been in his baby bath before so he was a bit surprised but seemed to like the big one.


Moira Eve : thanks (for the style love :) but I don't see how this would be any more impractical than any other tub? We have a 14m2 bathroom so I can fit pretty much anything anywhere, lots of space for some luxury :D

Mama D : I don't think the tub will ever be for washing, too much effort to fill ut up for that - we have a shower here and one upstairs so the tub will mainly be for relaxation (and the water comes from our own well). Welcome home by the way :)

Rakel Teresa said...

Love the bathtub!!!! I want one! :D
And it's true, most appartments here in Oslo do not have a tub at all, only showers. And most of them are small....

Christina said...

I couldn't live without a tub! Fortunately there aren't that uncommon in Germany. But honestly, that's my no-go criteria when looking for new flat. No tub, no me!!! Actually, I had a crappy day at the craft fair, so I think I know what I can do to make my day a bit brigther after all...

Ina - Years Since Yesterday said...

I only used bathtubs in hotels... My parents actually have an old one in the house they live now, but you can't use it since there won't be enough warm water to fill it up.... :P
(next weekend I will be in a hotelroom!!!!)

Myrtha Meadows said...

I don't usually get jealous of people, but this...THIS!!! Gah! I have aways wanted one of those curved bathtubs with feet. One day... ;) xox