Wednesday 27 March 2013

VINTAGE; FLORAL; FLOWING


I got myself a new vintage dress kind of by accident, spotting it on the mannequin at Helsinki's smallets but most delicious vintage store. (That would be Hoochie Mama Jane.)  Long and soft with a bold pattern and with some dangerous cash in my pocket it had to be mine right there right .

I've been avoiding polyester since my teenage years in tight non-breathable seventies shirts but when it comes to certain garments - a flowing dress like this one- I have to admit it can acutally be rather comfy and soft against the skin.. So I let go of my old ban of 100% polyester. With a slight temptation to cut this one into knee-lenght, I am also letting go of my fear of long hems; the dress will remain ancle length. I see it with a big rolled up do, or 30's style waves, or my black turban; with heels, sandals or boots alike. Versatility rocks.

7 comments:

Ina - Years Since Yesterday said...

then there's always polyester and polyester... Some 100% polyester is better than other 100%...

Roxy said...

I'm excited to see how it looks on, plus if you're having a hairy leg day that long hem will hide it!

Unknown said...

Looks really nice!

pinupdiarydaily.blogspot.com

Lucys Lounge said...

thats a beautiful dress.

Anonymous said...

This dress looks beautiful!

http://f4shionaddict.blog4ever.com/

Anonymous said...

Kaunis mekko!!

ANDAAZFASHION UK said...

Hi, can i buy salwar kameez from your website?