Monday 29 August 2011

SUNDAY; HATS, RAIN AND SUNFLOWERS

Today we went out for a croquet picnic in the park organized by the "Enchanting Hat Walk"-community; in other words, hats were mandatory.


I was hoping to be able to play croquet and go all "off with their heads!" as I felt my outfit entitled me to do so. (I also felt this is pretty much what most five year old girls in the world would want to look like at their birthday parties...)


But- the weather turned so bad we turned around pretty soon and went back home; the rainy day option of sitting in a cafe sipping champagne instead did not really suit the 5-and 10 olds in our party. (And as you can see the rain and humid air did not only ruin the plans, but also instantly ruined my fluffy curls, always as annoying.)


So the only sun we got were the sunflowers on our balcony.


(And just for the record, I love love love sunflowers!)


So it was just off with the princess clothes and on with the casual Sunday wear. I am getting older and what I earlier in my years would have referred to as more boring as I nowadays almost -or pretty much always actually- prefer less fluff and more plain. Well you know, that's the way it goes in the end I guess.

(By the way, that little olive tree of mine in the background looks pretty ridiculous. But it is still alive, so so far so good.)

The dress is an old one from Trashy Diva, the hat by Frollein von Sofa and the shoes my waterproof Melissas that sometimes are super comfy (like today) and other times not. Strange. My blouse is from Vivien of Holloway. Eddi pointed out today that it is actually a very nice one.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

fin du är!

Rebeccak said...

oh lovely! Sounds like a brilliant day!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Jessica; tack.

rebeccak : oh well, not really :) But it turned out a nice and calm sunday at home instead...

tanïa said...

Well, to be honest I'm relieved to hear that you're not dressed up in lovely princess clothes 24 hours a day... takes pressure and bad conscience away, you know? ;o)

Cheddah said...

your croquet outfit was so cute! i love the shoes!

Andi B. Goode said...

I like both looks! You look great 'fluffy' and more casual. =] And I love the heart shaped hat, too.
-Andi x

GinCherry said...

Maybe it will sound a bit odd, but I really love your home outfit :) It looks so 50s for me, I wish to try something like that on me as well, cause usually I'm wearing a comfy dresses at home :)

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

There is not a thing about you I do not love. :)

Unknown said...

Adorable outfit love the shoes and hat, and the 'plain' outfit looks chic!

Frollein von Sofa said...

you are so so very pretty, crocket-playing queen of hearts !

Anonymous said...

Hello Ulrika,

As usual you look very lovely in all the pictures:).

By the way, which size is your VOH-blouse, if you don't mind me asking:)? I'am thinking of ordering VOH-blouse but I'm not sure which size to choose. My circle dresses and halterneck tops are size 12 but the pencil skirt is a size 14.

T:Anne

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Anne : my VoH size is 14 and this blouse is a M. First I thought it was a bit too big but it's not.

Pia said...

Jag absolut ÄLSKAR din balkong outfit, och tossorna hihi ;). Jag beundrar alla som orkar gå i klackar och klänningar men är själv för lat och åldern har även nog haft sitt strå i stacken men det är alltid roligt att sen när någon vill och orkar, vare sig 15 eller 75 ;)

Tasha said...

They're all lovely but I particularly like the one on the porch/sun room the best. :) The setting is perfect!

Yasmin said...

Ulrika!

Home comes you can actually have a Carpet on your Balcony? Ist the Weather there that stable?

Greets from Berlin!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Yasmin : it's really common to have the balconies glassed in; glass panels that can slide open. This is due to the climate; it protects from wind and cold so we can use the balconies longer. I normally open only one panel a little bit so that the cats can stay out on the balcony, but it is possible to slide them all to one side so the balcony becomes uncovered again.

You can't put glass panels on all kinds of balconies, it has to be the kind of balcony with at least one wall.

It's ridiculously expensive to put the slides up but it's worth it :)

Anonymous said...

awww I love this dress! it's so cute with the heart headband (?) I wish I could dress like you xx

L said...

IHANA toi sun sydänhattu!!