Monday 11 April 2011

ANOTHER SMALL VICTORY

Yesterday we were fortunate enough to get some sun which I enjoyed with a small Sunday stroll outside. I noticed that the constant rains of last week which I - thank you very much - got to experience rather well and in detail in the harbor did bring a lot of good with them as most of the snow has melted by now. And it seems life has conquered after all (well yeah pretty much like every year) as, behold:

Our very first flowers are blooming!

And all you central Europeans and other lucky bastards that have been able to sit outside in parks and plain cardigans for a couple of months already can stop rolling your eyes, this is a big thing over here!


I would've tried to snap a more photographically correct picture of the crocus but I had such a terrible hangover headache that I could not keep my head down for more than a couple of seconds at the time.


Also, filled the home with fresh flowers and new plants for the balcony. This means tipped over vases, water on the piano and puke with flowers bits in it as my cats, Lulu in particular, can be real assholes when it comes to plants, but I still keep trying. And it will at least look nice a little while.


Busted!


Busted again!


Well these ones were at least speared over the night, so far so good...

16 comments:

Anna said...

Haha, herregud vad obekvämt det ser ut att ha skallen i en burk med videkissor... Nåja, nyfiken i en strut! ;)

tanjapauliina said...

I SO know what you mean. I have two cats and I love flowers and plants, but especially the other one loves to eat them. I just got these beautiful tulips and this asshole cat just keeps on eating them!

Aiu said...

Ooh kukkia! Miekin olin tänää ekaa kertaa pyörällä liikenteesä, kesä!

hope505 said...

*heehee! CATS!! I love it...you can count on them for so many helpful things...making the bed! wrapping packages! tying your shoes! arranging flowers! they are such good helpers, and so handsome doing it.
* ; )

K2 said...

To be fair, the cat has its head in a bucket of what we call pussy willows. Sort of fitting. If you want to be really specific, the little fuzzy puffy bits are called catkins.

Catalina Fashiona said...

Awesome Pictures !

Miss Margarita said...

Yaay! Spring in Finland! We're still waiting for the flowers over here in Norway.. +18 degrees (!) today should certainly help!

♥ Agatha ♥ said...

I have the same problem with one of my 8 cats, he always eats my roses (especially the red ones, I should ask him why. Maybe he's kind of jealous of my boyfriend...) Lucky me he never touches my orchids !
Give a huge hug to your lovely cats from me ;)

Jil said...

Funny, in luxemburgish and in german pussy willow is just called "pussies", that being "Miissercher" or "Kätzchen". Seems to be a universal association or something.

And... yeah, aren't cat's great. My neighbour's cat sometimes comes to visit me through my window and ALWAYS tips over the plant on the window sill, just to make sure i don't miss his grand entrance^^

Natalia Romashko said...

It's a huge victory I must say! because this winter seemed just eternal!!!(here in Saint-Petersbur climate is quite the same as in Helsinki). I don't even try to put fresh flowers on the table or such because I also have two bastards as you! cats can be everywhere at the same time!

ina said...

Flowers!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen any yet. On the other side, the city center (and the almost-city-center) is so dirty right now that few flowers could manage...

Anonymous said...

Cats and flowers, that's an old story! I have just one plant in my room, it's kind of a palm tree and it nearly dies anyway, but my cat still bites the leaves and spreads the dirt all over my room. It's good that I'm not such a big fan of flowers inside anyway.

Anonymous said...

What?! +18 in Norway?! Finland +8 :D This is so wrong..

Joo, Lahdessa taidetaan odottaa kukkia vielä parisen viikkoa.

Nimim. Pihalla 3 metrin lumikasa edelleen ja nurmikoilla 20cm kauttaaltaan. Kadut on kyllä sulia jo.

Dropstitch said...

I can't have flowers in my house, unless they're on a really high shelf, because my cats inevitably end up biting them/knocking over the vase. I've lost lots of lovely vases because of those curious kitties! Curiosity doesn't kill the cat but it does kill my floral arrangements and vases!

Mia said...

Oooh I am a lucky central European bastard from Slovakia :D But these days it's around 8C here with a constant AWFUL rain + wind + grey skies all the time. So no cardigans for us, no no... :P

Pia said...

Haha, jag DÖR av skratt :)