Friday 13 March 2009

PASTELS

What's wrong with me? While considering myself to be the girl who generally goes for black I now find myself craving (as you may have noticed) for sheer pastel colours and floral prints. Blame it on the upcoming spring, blame it on me being influenced by lovely blogs over the years. Oh well, pretty it is either way.

Some spring-y items from two of my all-time favourite brands; a babyblue floral dream from Vivian of Holloway and another lovley summery dress from Trashy Diva. And why not throw in some peachy Parikkas, silky lingerie and fluffy accessories while I'm at it?

From left to right:
Fifites Halterneck Rose Garde Blue Dress from Vivien of Holloway,
Pirouette tulle necklace (that I'd wear in my hair...) Etsy / DeliciousSoul,
Peach Harlow Lingerie Set from What Katie Did via PandorasChoice,
Circle Skirt Day Dress from Trashy Diva and
the Raquel Shoe in powder pink by Minna Parikka.

I'm also drooling over this pair of denim dungarees, from Tara Starlet (also included in my all-time favourites); to be worn with my toffee coloured pumps an my hair rolled up with a scarf around it. They also come in full-lenght and I can't decide which one'd be better, jumpsuit or trouser version?



But but, for the moment none of these items are neither in nor out of my budget since I don't have one; I am not getting anything new! But,I do have a couple of floral fabrics in my closet waiting to be sewn into something, and I have an amazing rosy dress still unworn until it's premier in slightly warmer times!

Oh, and not to forget; if you order a springtime dress from Vivien of Holloway now yo get a matching bolero included! Worth checking out...

23 comments:

Amber said...

I know what you mean! I've been swooning over any type of summer dress lately. I haven't been an all-dress girl since I was about 3 years old! :0) You picked out some gorgeous pieces.

GinCherry said...

I see you have the "same" problem like me :) Really long time I thuoght that pastel colours and flower don't fit me and now I'm trying to "adopt" them :)

Anonymous said...

Pastels, florals, full skirts ... all some of my favorite things!

Parapluie said...

Very pretty! Can't wait to see your sewing projects!

Chelsea said...

I love vivien of holloway, got red sailor trousers and a floral dress recently.

Anonymous said...

That Vivien of Holloway frock is to die for! And so perfect for you, beautiful.

WendyB said...

Love the concept of the matching bolero.

ina said...

It's like my kitchen stool...

Katja Cintja said...

i got this first dress from vivien of holloway.. :)

Unknown said...

ya know sometimes it is just down right PAINFUL to read your blog, because I see htings like the Vivienne of Holloway dress, and KNOW I cant afford it lol BUT I WANT IT!!!!! I need to get my sweing skills in order so I can make one! its beautiful!

Jenni said...

That Vivien of Holloway dress is so cute and would look great on you. It's so hard not buying new things when there are so many adorable things to buy!

Dotti said...

Go for the short version. It's so boyish... One day, when you have a budget again.

Love Dotti.

Anonymous said...

those shoes are adorable!

Mikaela said...

I love the Vivien of Holloway dress, and the Minna Parikka Shoes, of course ;)

Anonymous said...

I have my eye on a completely impractical fur collar at the moment; but I am not sure I would be brave enough to wear it around the place?

I think you'd look amazing in either the short or the full legnth version :D

Xx

Erica said...

mmm, I am not allowed to buy new clothes either. But I am not gifted in the sewing area like you :-)

Natalia Romashko said...

hi dear!could you help me please? could you tell me how you make pictures so big on your blog?

Désirée said...

Hej!
Tack för kommentaren!
Den rosa tyllkjolen är från Gina Tricot.
Den skulle passa perfekt till de där rosa pumpsen du visar här.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

giggleness said...

woaah. those shoes. i want them.

Alice said...

Hi!...I have a present for you, I hope you'll like it!

And I love those dresses too!!

http://custom-made.reproduction-vintage-shoes.com/page6.html

a big kiss!

Anonymous said...

Those Parikka shoes are fantastic!
I loved them so much I went out and foind myself a veryyyy similar pair but in Black (and for only $20Australian).
Forever,a bargain hunter.
x

Anonymous said...

I can just agree with you, in the dark you atleast whant to dress for spring.


Love this imagined outfit. Would wear it in a heartbeat.
xoxo

逆援助 said...

セレブ達は一般の人達とは接する機会もなく、その出会う唯一の場所が「逆援助倶楽部」です。 男性はお金、女性はSEXを要求する場合が多いようです。これは女性に圧倒的な財力があるから成り立つことの出来る関係ではないでしょうか?